MY CAR KEEPS OVERHEATING

2000 Honda Accord

ddim

September, 14, 2008 AT 10:37 AM

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

My 2000 accord keeps overheating. I've changed out the thermostat, top radiator hose, and the radiator cap. It still keeps overheating and just can't figure out what is going on. In the past day I've gone through two jugs of antifreeze already.

September, 14, 2008 AT 12:14 PM

Have it block and pressure tested-do the block first to pinpoint a combustion leaking into the cooling system or a gas analyzer to sniff for hydrocarbons at the radiator fill neck.

Pressure test: do not do a pressure test if there's leakage at the headgasket this might cause coolant into the cylinders and lock it up or bend a connecting rod if cranked thereafter. The headgasket should be repaired before doing the pressure test.

If the block and pressure test passes check the following: , Pressure test the Rad. Cap, Clogged radiator, air lock in the cooling system, Fan clutch, Radiator electrical fan, collaspe hoses, water pump.

Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage