1998 Honda Accord MAP versus MASS Sensor

CRAGARS
  • 1998 HONDA ACCORD
Are MAP & MASS sensors one in the same? I know my Honda has a MAP but does it have a MASS?

My Honda has beeen down shifting to lower gears on the freeway where and when it never use to. It acts like it has less power so it has to downshift to keep the same freeway speed on slight inclines. I thought maybe I have a bad MAP or MASS sensor. I have no codes. Dealer says everything is fine since I don't have codes. Trans oil is good to. Something has changed, I just just don't what and know body can tell me w/o code. If it weren't for the downshifting, it runs fine, no other issues.
Wednesday, November 4th, 2009 AT 11:55 PM

BMRFIXIT
Flushing the tranny helped in one similar case we had this is the procedure hope it help if elect to use it

1. Set the parking brake, and raise the vehicle on a lift.
2. Drain the trans, and refill it with Honda Genuine ATF-Z1.
3-Start the engine, shift into Drive, and release the parking brake.
4-Push down on the accelerator pedal to raise the vehicle speed to 2,500 rpm.
--If the trans shifts past 2nd gear, go to step 5.
-- If the trans won't shift past 2nd gear, keep the engine speed at 2,500 rpm and shift from Drive to Neutral and back to Drive. Then go to step 5.
5-Make sure that the trans shifts through all the forward gears and goes into torque converter lockup.
6-Let off the accelerator pedal, and press the brake pedal to drop the vehicle speed to zero. Shift into Reverse and then into Neutral.
7-Shift into Drive, and repeat steps 4 thru 6 four more times.
8-Set the parking brake, and repeat steps 2 thru 6 two more times.
9-Drain the trans, and reinstall the drain plug with a new sealing washer.
10-Refill the A/T with ATF-Z1.
Thursday, November 5th, 2009 AT 6:19 AM
CRAGARS
That's it, all I get is one reply (not directed at you MBRFIXIT). Thought for sure somone would have more to suggest.
Monday, November 9th, 2009 AT 7:42 PM