1995 Honda Accord Fuel Filter

MLCRAIG
  • 1995 HONDA ACCORD
Hi: I have a 1995 Honda Accord. It's been in for regular maintenance and oil changes as long as I've owned it (and most major systems have been replaced--except a transmission overhaul--yet).

My question is about the fuel filter. How often does it reasonably need to be replaced? It's apparently tough to get to (and has a stripped bolt). The mechanic I am using also warned that "while $120 to replace just the filter, " once you get in there all kinds of things can be corroded or need to be replaced. Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Advice?
Thursday, July 9th, 2009 AT 2:31 PM

F4I_GUY
The filter is not that difficult to do, your mechanic just clearly hasn't done a lot of them. I would take it to a mechanic who is more comfortable with honda's. The only thing that might go wrong, is if you have rotted fuel lines, you will spring a leak and will need new fuel lines (which does happen on older vehicles)

It should be replaced every 50,000mi.
Thursday, July 9th, 2009 AT 8:38 PM