1994 Honda Accord Slipping Trans?

FIVEKCAR
  • 1994 HONDA ACCORD
Hi,

My car seems to slip(On the tachometer it will go from in between 1 and 2, and jump up over 2) when I'm slowing down to make a turn, and then I accelerate. I notice it will only happen if my car slows down under 20 mph, so somewere between 1st and 2nd gear; It never does it from a complete stop.
I took it to a transmission shop recently, and the mechanic said he didn't feel like anything was wrong with the car. He took it for a test drive and said he couldn't reproduce the problem.
I flushed my transmission and replaced the fluid with Honda fluid; I also added Lubeguard, but the problem persists. My car also shifts hard.
Any input would be great!
Thanks for reading!
Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 AT 10:14 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi fivekcar,

Thank you for the donation.

You are not experiencing clutch slippage, rather it is a case of idling surging. Check for vacumn leakages.

Since the trans is shifting hard, check the trans throttle pressure cable adjustment. It might have been adjusted too short resulting in too high pressure when upshifting.

Check the engine mounts too.
Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 AT 11:59 PM