CLUTCH IS AT THE FLOOR...

1994 Honda Accord

parallelplainz85

September, 27, 2008 AT 12:10 PM

1994 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 207000 miles

I bought it about a year ago and the clutch has only given me problems when I didn't have the resvior filled. Yesterday I went over a friend's house down the street and slept over. When I woke up this morning I got in and pressed the clutch down and it stuck to the floor with no intention to push itself back in position. I asked around and was told that with the clutch not springing back into it's usual position. It could be the master cylinder. Is this true? I topped of the resevior and tried again. Starting the car, manualy pulling the clutch pedal back into position. And when I pushed on it again it fell straight to the floor with yet again no intention of coming back off the floor towards me.

red45

November, 11, 2008 AT 3:43 PM

Your problem is the master cylinder. When you began having to add fluid, that was your indication that it was beginning to fail. The clutch is not " returning" because it is not being pushed in (engaged) by the master cylinder. You can buy reconditioned master cylinders for the brakes at any auto parts store.

Replace Floor Board
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes