1993 Honda Accord starting car

CRAZYMOM
  • 1993 HONDA ACCORD
Last year, when hot weather arrived, I started having trouble with my car starting when the weather was very hot. It would crank up just fine every morning, and after work every afternoon, it would not start. It would turn over very well, but would not start up. I would hold the gas down and keep trying until it would finally start. Hot weather left, and I have not had trouble with it until this past Thur. It got up to 83 degrees outside, and I went to leave work, and it would not start. It turned over very well. But took me a long time to finally get it started. I took it to a mechanic, he put a new distributer on. Today I left @ 2:30 in the afternoon, and it would not start. So, same routine. I went and made several stops, and never gave me anymore trouble. Please tell me what you think could be wrong? I don't understand why it only gives me trouble when it is hot outside.
Saturday, April 26th, 2008 AT 11:27 PM

CRAZYMOM
Saturday, April 26th, 2008 AT 11:32 PM
MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

I would be checking fuel rail pressure, and seeing if there is any set fault codes. Your mechanic may have to start manually checking individual sensors as one may be giving a false reading and not setting a trouble code. I would be checking air induction flow and relevant sensors. Also I would try and get a start check on an oscilloscope. If there is an electrical problem when hot start thats will show it up.

Saturday, April 26th, 2008 AT 11:33 PM
BRUCE HUNT
The EFI relay on the vehicle located under the dash on the driver side could be the issue. Bad solder joints have been noted and this gets amplified when the heat increases and since it is located high up under the dash can get warm with the sun causing the joints to fail.
Monday, April 28th, 2008 AT 8:47 AM