1993 Honda Accord gears

DFULLER227
  • 1993 HONDA ACCORD
My car wont shift gears unless I take the battery cables off for about 10 seconds and put it back on then it will shift as I drive it I have to take the cables off every day before I go some where so it would shift I had this for about 2 weeks now
Sunday, May 31st, 2009 AT 2:44 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi dfuller227,

Seems the Transmission control Module is failing and causing the problem.

Does the D4 or S indicator light blinks while driving?
Monday, June 1st, 2009 AT 1:17 PM
DFULLER227
Yea the d4 be highlighted and when I take the battery cable off for awhile and put it back on the d4 light will go off until I put it in drive thanks for helping me out
Monday, June 1st, 2009 AT 3:56 PM
KHLOW2008
Let us start by retrieving the trouble code for the D4 blinking and see if it is just sensors or a fault with the TCM.

Bridge the SCS connector and turn ignition switch ON and count the blinking of the D4 light. Note them down and let me know what you have.

Do this after the D4 blinks and do not disconnect the battery, it would clear the codes.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_SCS93Accord_9.jpg

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 AT 7:35 AM
DFULLER227
Yesterday and today I didnt have any problem with the car I didnt have to take the cables off at all I just got in it and it drove and shift like its suppose to do u still wont me to bridge the box or wait until I have the shifting problem again.
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 AT 2:54 PM
KHLOW2008
Try bridging and see if you have any codes. If none then you would have to wait till the lights starts blinking.

You should check if the area around the TCM is damp or wet, which could cause problems if moisture is getting to the TCM or its harness.
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 AT 3:39 PM
DFULLER227
Ok ima try to bridge it and see what happens but a SRS light came on this morning and when I just left the light was still on what does the SRS light stand 4
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 AT 4:03 PM
KHLOW2008
SRS means Supplemental Restraint System, meaning the Air Bags.

For SRS the connector for diagnostic is different, should be a yellow connector on diver side.
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 AT 12:30 PM