1992 HONDA ACCORD HEATER

• GoodDriver25
  • 1992 Honda Accord

Heater problem
1992 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

When I turn on the heat to make the fog inside the car go away during the morning the heat won't stop coming even if I turn it off. Does anyone have any clue what's wrong with my car? I turn the temperature dial towards the cool air, but for some reason only hot air comes out. Also the fan only comes on when the engine is off. The car heats up a lot too. It would be nice if any one could give me suggestions about what's wrong with my car. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 7th, 2008 AT 10:27 PM

• Jack42

The temp control is cable operated, sounds like a problem with either the control head (knob) or a the blend door (under the dash, pass side) Which fan only comes on when car is off? Cooling fan? Does the temp gauge ever show that it is running hot? Is it full of coolant?

Wednesday, October 8th, 2008 AT 8:10 AM
  • GoodDriver25

Yes it's the cooling fan that comes on when the engine is turned off. Also the temp gauge doesn't show that it is heating up, but the car does get really hot!

Friday, October 24th, 2008 AT 12:47 AM
  • Jack42

What makes you say the car gets really hot if the temp gauge says it isnt overheating? Sounds like you have 2 problems.

Friday, October 24th, 2008 AT 8:14 AM
  • GoodDriver25

Well what I mean is that the heater gets really hot, but the temp gauge doesn't move up towards the hot. For example whenever I turn on the heat in the morning to make the fog in the car go away and if I was on the highway and wanted only a little heat, then the heat is extremely hot. There's no cool air at all also adding on to that the heat just keeps coming so I have to close the vents. This in turn makes the area around the stereo system really hot. I'm not too sure what's the main problem.

Saturday, October 25th, 2008 AT 6:50 PM
  • Jack42

Sounds like the blend door under the dash isnt working or the control head (dash knob) isnt working. If eithre one isnt working, you are probably stuck with the blend door in the hot position, which would explain the lack of cold air

Sunday, October 26th, 2008 AT 8:14 AM