1992 Honda Accord Electrical Proplem

JESUSHONDA
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
Currently had drove car and realized that parking lights stay on even when the car is off. Replaced one bulb on back that was burnt out, and all lights stayed on with or without power. The only way to turn lights off is by pulling fuse at box by motor. Currently noticed that when car was placed in gear the D on the shifter is blinking. While driving.
Monday, May 3rd, 2010 AT 5:17 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi jesushonda,

I believe it is the brake lights that are staying on. Check the brake switch at the pedal. Most probably the stopper for the brake switch has disintegrated causing the brake switch to remain on all the time.

The D4 indicator blinking indicates an error has been detected by the transmissin control system. You would need to retrieve the trouble code to know what is causing it.

Is the speedometer working?
Thursday, May 6th, 2010 AT 4:32 PM
JESUSHONDA
Thanks so much for your answer to previous question, you guys were exactly on the money. As to the second part yes my speedometer is not working. Do I have to take it in to test or is it something simple I may be able to fix.
Friday, May 7th, 2010 AT 8:29 AM
JESUSHONDA
Yes the speedometer isnt working is it something I am able to fix easly or do I have to get it tested
Friday, May 7th, 2010 AT 8:30 AM
KHLOW2008
A faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor would result in the speedometer not working, the CEL to indicae and the D4 to flash.

Testing can be done with the aid of a DVOM but this item is prone to give way quite often and if you wish to elimate the process of troubleshooting, replace the VSS which can be done easily.

Before that, check to ensure the VSS wires are good and plugged in securely. Item is located under the thermostat housing, on top of transaxle. Removing the air cleaner hose would allow you easier access.
Friday, May 7th, 2010 AT 4:21 PM