HEAD GASKET

1991 Honda Accord

barkbuster

September, 11, 2008 AT 4:06 AM

Engine Cooling problem
1991 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My Honda overheated, found oil in the coolant. Mechanic said that the head gasket was blown and the cylinder(s) were warped. I would need a new engine, etc. About $3500 was quoted. I was able to drive it home, the engine did not make any strange noises, just overheated as I expected it would. If the cylinder(s) were warped, wouldn't the engine make some strange noises when I drove it back from the mechanic's garage to my home? The car is in good shape, I hate to just scrap it. If I take it to the dealer and just get the head gasket replaced, can I get anything out of the old girl? Do you know the average price to get something like this repaired? Thank You.

mhpautos

September, 11, 2008 AT 5:32 AM

Hi there,

You will just need the head gasket replaced & have the head inspected for cracks and warpage, you will not have a problem with the block, as for the price this will depend on the extent of the head work required.

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8