INTERIOR FAN STOPPED WORKING

1990 Honda Accord

skyeman1

June, 22, 2008 AT 11:57 AM

1990 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 262000 miles

After running the interior fan on full with the air conditioner on (very hot all this week in LA), I started out yesterday with the car cold, but the (interior) AC fan didn't come on. All panel lights are fine. I'm pretty sure the radiator fan came on last night after driving (windows open for cooling!) The whole day.

I check all under-hood and interior fuses. They seem fine. The only thing I couldn't check is the " Cooling Fan Relay". Is that for the radiator fan?

What else could be the problem?

Docfixit

June, 22, 2008 AT 12:15 PM

Yes that relay is for the cooling fan not the blower.
Check the fuse first, then find the motor under dash pass. Side. Get a test light check for voltage at the connector. If present then motor is defective. If no voltage maybe blower resistors or the control switch. Good luck

skyeman1

June, 22, 2008 AT 12:33 PM

Thank you. The fuse checks out visually and I temporarily swapped it with another (40 A instead of 30 A) fuse -- fan didn't budge.

How do I recognize the blower motor on the passenger side engine compartment? Under the fuse box?

June, 22, 2008 AT 2:24 PM

Hi skyeman1,

The blower motor is the outer most housing under the passenger dash. With blower motor on at highest speed, give the motor some knocks and if it works, replace it, the carbons are running short.

If not, check for power supply to one of the 2 point socket with ignition switch on.

If no supply, the blower relay is not getting power through from under bonnet fuse box. Check for loose connection under the fuse box if relays and fuses are ok.

Coolant Drain and Refill
Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
Replace Heater Core