Heater blowing cold on passenger side

PAULA MAY
  • 2011 FORD TAURUS
Blowing hot on driver side but cold on passenger side on heat and defrost.
Monday, November 30th, 2020 AT 9:52 PM

STEVE W.
That sounds like a failed blend door actuator. On that car it can be accessed through the glove box. You empty it out then push in the two tabs that act as the stops for the door to release it, pivot it down and you will see the actuator and it's wiring on the side of the heater case. At this point you can try adjusting the temperature on the passenger side and verify the actuator isn't moving. If it isn't use a small pry tool to pull the wire clip free then remove the screws from the actuator and pull it free enough to unplug it. To replace it you reverse that process. While you are removing it go to the smart junction box in the kick panel in the drivers footwell and remove fuse number 15. Replace the actuator and once done re-install the fuse. Now turn the key on and wait 30-45 seconds for the actuators to calibrate. Test that the air temperature now works. Now would also be a good time to replace the cabin air filter as you have access. That is behind the cover next to the actuator, remove the cover and slide the filter out. Slide the replacement in and put the cover back on. Then put the glove box back into place.
Monday, November 30th, 2020 AT 11:11 PM
5966DCW1
  • 2011 FORD TAURUS
  • AWD
Driver side rear very hot to touch and smells hot to the touch
Saturday, December 26th, 2020 AT 2:50 PM (Merged)
It that wheel is getting really hot and smells, chances are the brake caliper is stuck and not releasing the brakes. Lift the wheel from the ground and secure the vehicle safely. See if you can spin the wheel. If you can't remove the brake caliper and see if it will turn. If it does, chances are the caliper is bad. If you still can not turn the wheel with the caliper removed, check bearing.
JON ISKER
  • 2008 FORD TAURUS
So my A/C is blowing fine on my driver side and the passenger and rear vents are blowing hot air. There is also a clicking on the passenger side, but I got a blend door actuator and replaced the actuator right under the glove box, and nothing changed. So I am stuck wondering what the problem could be. And I have heated seats and dual climate control digital, and it is the buttons not the knobs.

Car listed above is the Limited model.
Welcome to 2CarPros.

I have a feeling the gear in the blend door is damaged or the door is stuck. You are hearing a clicking. If you put your hand on the actuator you replaced, can you feel it? When you replaced the actuator, did it sit flush and did you inspect the gear?

Take a look at picture 1.

Let me know.

Sponsored links