2000 GMC Sonoma Left turn signal flashing rapidly

THERUSSELLS1998
  • 2000 GMC SONOMA
Left turn signal flashes rapidly, replaced flasher unit and all bulbs. With no change. Also have checked fuses in the fuse panel on the drivers door side on the console.
Saturday, June 26th, 2010 AT 7:46 PM

FACTORYJACK
Have you checked all the bulbs to see which one is not working on the left side. Usually a rapid flash occurs because of the difference in circuit resistance that causes the flasher to change attitude. I know you said you replaced all bulbs, but you make no mention that they all are working. Try the hazard flashers as well, and see how the operation is.
-1
Saturday, June 26th, 2010 AT 11:16 PM
THERUSSELLS1998
My apologizes.
Yes all the bulbs have been replaced and working correctly, except for the rapid blinking.

Hazard flashers are working fine as well.
Switched bulbs from left to right, again all still working correctly, left side still blinks rapidly.
-2
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 12:08 AM
THERUSSELLS1998
Lights that have been checked are headlights, tail lights, park lights, turn signals, hazard lights, backup lights have been checked and verified working, unless there is a secret light that hasn't been checked
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 12:13 AM
FACTORYJACK
If all the lights function normally, I would suspect that there is high resistance in the left side circuit somewhere. The trick is going to be isolating it. For starters, does the vehicle have some sort of trailer wiring? Next would be to look for something that may not be too obvious, but may give a sign. Is there any difference in bulb intensity(brightness)? You could have a socket with a bad ground and it is feeding back through another circuit. I can't say as though I have seen a vehicle with a rapid flash on one side, and all lghts functioned normal. There is no service procedure for that symptom in the service manual. When did this occur, or when was it noticed?
+2
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 3:38 PM
THERUSSELLS1998
It started happening shortly after we bought the truck, used. We put in the new flasher unit, and the flashing increased, which we both thought was weird.

There is trailer wiring I don't know if he has checked that out. Yet, but he is usually thorough, although this has him really frustrated.

We have a manual with the electrical sycamatic in it.

Hubby is electrical engineer for most part, and has tried everything that he can think of short of pulling the wiring in the truck with a voltage meter. Will tell him what you have suggest, he said that he He had been in the truck, under the truck, under the dashboard, almost INSIDE the glove box.

Could the unit that the flasher is plugged into be having an electrical issue?
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 3:51 PM
FACTORYJACK
You would think if it was as central as the flasher, you would have issues on both right and left. If they were both flashing fast, it would almost seem normal. If the trailer wiring is not factory, it might be suspect.
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 4:01 PM