2002 GMC SIERRA FUEL RELATED

• gregnexa
  • 2002 GMC Sierra

2002 GMC Sierra V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 100594 miles

Truck was parked two nights ago with low fuel. Next time I tried to start it, it would not. I assumed the 10 month old fuel sending unit went bad and warrantied the sending unit(oem part). Made no difference. I have noticed the fuel gauge doesn't work(currently has about a half tank of fuel) and the highlight on shift indicator that tells what gear it's in is no longer there. &Quot;Fuel" fuse shows power on both sides with key on, "Fuel" relay shows no power at all where it would plug in to fuse box. I jumped from DRL relay to fuel only to get truck home and it did start. However, once I put truck in reverse to move it, truck died and i'm back with the same problem. Any advice?Thank you for your time.

Thursday, August 26th, 2010 AT 6:09 PM

• JDL

Terminal 30 at the fuel pump relay, shows to be hot all the time.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_gmc_sierra_fuel_pump_relay_1.jpg

Friday, August 27th, 2010 AT 2:44 PM
  • gregnexa

No, terminal 30 does not show hot with key on, previously I jumped from drl relay(#30) to fuel(#30) and truck started until I moved from park position

Friday, August 27th, 2010 AT 4:34 PM
  • JDL

It gets voltage from the ecm B fuse.

Saturday, August 28th, 2010 AT 9:16 AM
  • gregnexa

Where is the ecm b fuse located? Is it in fuse box under hood?

Saturday, August 28th, 2010 AT 12:30 PM
  • JDL

Yes, underhood fuse block. Your owners manual should give fuse location and label, if not, maybe I can find a picture?

Saturday, August 28th, 2010 AT 12:45 PM
  • gregnexa

If u could find a picture that would be great, seeing as my truck did not come with a owners manual. I appreciate all your help!

Saturday, August 28th, 2010 AT 12:59 PM
  • gregnexa

Do you have any idea on what would've caused this to occur?

Saturday, August 28th, 2010 AT 1:01 PM
  • JDL

I'd have to check for voltage at the ecm B fuse. Maybe a wiring circuit problem? If the fuse is blown, a faulty fuel pump might cause it. In the picture, fuse number 30-- 20 amp should be the ecm B fuse. You should be able to look at an online owners manual for free. gmownerscenter.yahoo.com, try that link.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_sierra_underhood_fuse_box_1.jpg

+1
Saturday, August 28th, 2010 AT 3:03 PM
  • gregnexa

Dude, I dont know who you are or what state you live in, but you are the man! Truck is back up and running. Thank you so much for your help and if you're ever in tulsa please let me know, I owe ya a cold beer and a steak dinner. Thanks again!

Sunday, August 29th, 2010 AT 6:48 PM
  • JDL

Glad you got it going your way.

Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 8:49 AM