STARTING PROBLEM

1994 GMC Safari

radoo1979

October, 16, 2007 AT 5:39 PM

I have a 1994 gmc safari van rear wheel drive. Just recently I run into a problem with my starter system when I turn the key nothing happens the van does not start and the starter does not turn I have had the starter checked and it is good, there is a purple wire that attaches to the starter and someone told me that it should have power when the key is turned to the start position but there is no power there so I have narrowed the problem down to that but the problem I have now is that I don't know where that wire goes to and I am not able to follow it along to find where it goes Can you help? Or if this is not right please let me know what else it could be. Thanks

October, 22, 2007 AT 6:10 PM

The purple wire goes straight to the igniton switch-no in between stuffs like a NSS and starter enable relay- No power on the purple wire its coming from the igniton switch look below

Try this get a small jumper wire hook it to the battery terminal of the starter and touch the purple wire terminal did it crank over.

Look below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_1994_GMC_Safari_starting_circuit_1.jpg

www. .com

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe