• cece wind
  • 1994 Geo Prizm

Noises problem
1994 Geo Prizm Automatic 117000 miles

I have been hearing a clicking noise in my left front tire area when turning right. It is fainter when making gentle turns, but very noticeable on sharp right turns, at which time it almost becomes a grinding sound. They've already replaced a tie-rod, checked brakes, transmission, suspension, shocks, and assured me it's not a safety issue and my car won't stop in the middle of the highway. The clicking happens only when I make a right turn. I've had six mechanics drive the car and four look at it, and they are stumped. They mentioned it may be wheel bearings, but don't know for sure.

Monday, May 5th, 2008 AT 2:59 PM

• mmprince4000

Inspect the inner and outer CV boots for punctures and grease leaking.
It may be a bearing, but if the boots are leaking grease, the CV joint will cause the condition you described.

To check the bearing, raise the front of the car and grab the tire and see if you have any lateral or vertical movement, if not it is more than likely the CV joint.

Tuesday, May 6th, 2008 AT 8:00 AM