My wife has a 2005 Trailblazer with a I6. She backed out of the garage 20 ft before trying to shift into drive. However the vehicle wouldn't shift out of reverse. She killed the engine, but only to lock the vehicle in reverse and now unable to start it. The key was also stuck in the ignition in the run position. Check engine light now on.
1. First I checked the shifter linkage. GOOD at Trans.
2. Read that not enough volts would cause the shifter lockout solenoid to activate.
3. Hooked up my vehicle by booster cables. (Quick attempt to move vehicle out of the alley we were blocking). NOTHING
4. Removed top of center console to access the shifter lockout solenoid. Manual shifted into neutral to push the vehicle out of the alley. WORKED - linkage is GOOD.
5. Shifted into park, but indicator stayed in Reverse.
6. Next day, I borrowed a Scan Tool, but battery was dead now.
7. Charged battery overnight and ran scan tool, but no codes registered on the tool.
I'm thinking the neutral park module on the Trans but why no Code? Any other
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 AT 2:01 PM