License plate lights not working

CJONKER
  • 2016 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
  • TURBO
Could it be a fuse? Where is the fuse located? Would not think bulbs would be burned out, not that old.
Sunday, November 4th, 2018 AT 5:31 AM

KEN

There are three BCM fuses (# 4, 6 and 7)that need to be checked .I would check the bulbs as well because you might have had a voltage surge that pops the bulbs. Here is a guide and a video to help you check both the fuses and the bulbs. Also, here is the license plate light wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works:

https://youtu.be/do01KXLitKc

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Monday, November 5th, 2018 AT 9:21 AM
TET051449
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Both of my tag lights are out, I looked at the bulbs and they don't appear to be blown, so I'm thinking fuse. I could not find in the manual whitch fuse went to the tag lights, all the other lights are working. Are the tag lights on the same circuit with the other rear lights.
+3
Saturday, August 10th, 2019 AT 12:52 PM (Merged)
IMPALASS
Hello Looks like it goes through the Park lps fuse 30A in the underhood junction box, then to the parking lamp relay located in the body junction block left side of dash to teh left and right prk fuse 10A located left side of eng comp near battery underhood junction block.

I have attached the wiring diagram and other information. Since you didn't specify your model this is for a 1500

I would first check the fuse - looks like fuse #24 and I would run 12v or ohm the fuse. Then change the bulbs. They may look okay but you don't know what the filiment is.
+2