Fuel shut off switch

PATRICK BUCHWALD
  • 1988 FORD F-150
Okay, I had problem getting my engine to start after sitting for six months. Messed with the wiring around the rec switch did some testing and was able to start it by using starting fluid. I had removed the front tank but then faced the problem about the fuel reservoir tank. I took a small copper tube and pushed the quick connect fittings one from rear tank the other to back of main fuel pump then got wired the pump from the battery. Everything started to run okay. But now there was all the hanging front tank straps wiring for the front pump and front fuel lines hanging all all over the place. Okay, where I'm at now is I have power to the inertia but after trying to reset it was unable to get power to the pump. Was thinking maybe I can splice a new wire from pump to the inertia switch.
Thursday, February 7th, 2019 AT 11:53 PM

SCGRANTURISMO

That would definitely work. Have you tried to see if were getting power at the connector on top of the fuel tank? That might be where the problem lies. Regardless if you run new wires to the inertial cutoff switch, which has 12 volts, from the fuel pump, it should be running.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
+1
Friday, February 8th, 2019 AT 1:23 AM
PATRICK BUCHWALD
I'm working from the main high pressure pump backwards. I have power in the brown wire at shut-off switch, the second wire is kind of red. The diagram says the wire goes to the selector switch on the dash for tanks. From there to pumps. If I don't use the front tank then I ought to be able to wire the main pump to the brown wire at shut-off switch. I also noticed fuel leaking at the quick connect fitting hmm something to do with the 30 below weather hate thinking of buying a new fuel reservoir at $250.00 plus new pump and front tank but the truck has a really good C-6 transmission, lol. Maybe be the first to drive from Anchorage Alaska to None the Gold Rush City, lol.
Friday, February 8th, 2019 AT 10:22 AM
SCGRANTURISMO
LOL. Sounds good to me. Try to stay warm and thank you for using 2CarPros.

Alex,
2CarPros
+1
Friday, February 8th, 2019 AT 10:43 AM
PATRICK BUCHWALD
Hmm, leaking stopped once. The main outside rail pump started sucking fuel. Which I hot wired from battery positive to the pump guessing the hot wire from pump goes up to the tank selector switch. Put three gallons of gas in rear tank shows the added gas so I know there is electric to the sending unit but no electric to the main pump or inside tank pump. Hmm, I wonder if the fuel tank switch from my 1991 which has fuel tanks would work but it only uses pumps within the tanks.
Saturday, February 9th, 2019 AT 4:33 PM
SCGRANTURISMO
Hello again,

A switch, is a switch, is a switch. It will just open and close the circuit. If you run a hot wire into the switch and a hot wire out of it to your fuel pump and a ground from your fuel pump, it should turn on when the switch is closed.

Thanks,
Alex,
2CarPros
+1
Saturday, February 9th, 2019 AT 6:41 PM

Sponsored links