FUEL PUMP WILL NOT SHUT OFF

1992 Ford F-150

ranger812572

August, 25, 2014 AT 8:50 AM

The fuel pump will not shut off when you turn the key to run. The relays click spastically and once in a while the pump will stop. When the pump does stop the truck will start and run for a moment. If it does not stop, the truck will not start. It cranks no problem. Battery charged, new fuel pump relay, same problem. This happens with both tanks. Please help!

hmac300

August, 25, 2014 AT 9:43 AM

If the pump continues to run then this may be a pcm problem as it tells the relay when and when to not work. Since you have already replaced the relay and makes no difference the I would suspect the ecm more than anything. The only other thing I can think of is the fuelpump cutoff relay which I have included a pic.

ranger812572

August, 26, 2014 AT 7:09 AM

The ecm id number on My truck is F2TF-12A650-APB And at the parts house is $250. Are there any other computer ids That will safely (and more cost efficiently) interchange?

hmac300

August, 26, 2014 AT 7:59 AM

No idea but I kind of doubt it they are engine/trans sppecific

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe