Fuel pump

NEMANJA0710
  • 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
  • TURBO
Car is turning off during the drive on the road, no matter what is the speed and rpm's. When try too start engine again fuel pump is soundless, because it is not getting power. I am able to start the car only just if pump starts making some noise.
Could you tell me how to resolve this issue?
Thank you!
Monday, October 31st, 2016 AT 5:27 AM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure with a gauge auto part rent it. see link.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

Also, check fuses and relays under hood see if you have blown a fuse or a relay is not turning on pump.
Monday, October 31st, 2016 AT 6:50 AM
NEMANJA0710
I have put new reley and car is now starting much better then before. I have been driving it for around 10km without any problems, but after 10 kilometers problem got back and it is acting up again, there are same symtoms like before reeley replacement. What to do now?
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016 AT 3:08 PM
Do what I said in first reply
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016 AT 3:18 PM
NEMANJA0710
I have found out and established that both fuel pump and everything related to electronics is working properly. As well, fuel pressure regulator is working-class properly. What else could cause thar car turns off and stops working while driving? Why it needs much time to get started?
-1
Monday, November 7th, 2016 AT 6:36 AM
NEMANJA0710
As well, one more thing that is odd is that car has strength and it's pulling forward really well, but again, sometimes, all of a sudden, turns itself off without any sign of engine choking
Monday, November 7th, 2016 AT 7:22 AM
What is your fuel pressure? Also check battery for condition including load test. Because this is a 2.0L turbo we have no specs on this car as it is not in USA
Monday, November 7th, 2016 AT 7:49 AM
NEMANJA0710
Is there a possibilty that bosh pump and nozzle could cause issue like this?
That kind og specs are here called turbo diesel and I think that my car that my car doesnt have turbo.
Key to "ON" position 56, 57psi.
Monday, November 7th, 2016 AT 9:10 AM
KEN
If someone checks the fuel pump when it is working it will be okay, still could mean the fuel pump can be bad though. They fail intermittently.

Please let us know what you find so it will help others.

Best, Ken
Monday, November 7th, 2016 AT 9:17 AM
NEMANJA0710
Monday, November 7th, 2016 AT 9:20 AM
KEN
Yes, it is lost likely the problem.
Monday, November 7th, 2016 AT 9:22 AM