Front seat

ROBERT RUBY
  • 2005 LINCOLN AVIATOR
  • AWD
Drivers power seat just quit working, front, back, lumbar, up and down. The passenger seat works fine. The AC, heat and lock button still work on the driver side just seat controls do not.
Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 AT 6:04 PM

STEVE W.
Check fuse 1 (30A) and fuse 2 (10A) in the left side fuse panel behind the dash. Also, check fuse fuse 21 (30A) in the under hood fuse panel. But the problem may be that the wiring shorted under the seat. All of the memory items, pedals, mirrors and seat run in the harness to the module under the seat.
Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 AT 6:32 PM
ROBERT RUBY
Steve W. Thanks for the quick response on the seat. Will check the fuses and get back to u. As of now I'm replacing the alternator and it's raining. I do need to know if I should replace the two O rings on the water manifold that fits into the block? The O rings are in good condition so would a bit of permatex suffice? Had to remove to access the alternator.
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 AT 8:50 AM
STEVE W.
I generally replace any type of gasket or seal if it has been disturbed. Just cheap insurance against leaks.
+2
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 AT 10:29 AM
ROBERT RUBY
I agree about no leaks. In the process of trying to find them. Fact is I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. Would appreciate your help and suggestions. Thank U Steve W.
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 AT 6:14 PM
STEVE W.
Leaks are the bane of every mechanic. Especially the "Well YOU touched it last and it wasn't leaking then" Then they don't like to hear that, Yes I did a rear brake repair and you have a heater core leak and they cannot be connected.

What issues are you having, or are you just trying to clean up the small seeps and leaks that come from vehicle age? Those can be a real can of worms. You find and fix one, then discover that hose you moved 1/4" created a leak at the other end.
+1
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 AT 8:12 PM
ROBERT RUBY
Steve, is this part actually called a water manifold? And are the parts I'm looking for called O rings or seals? I have looked on several auto sites and I can't even find the manifold let alone the seals. Any site suggestions where I can find them? As always thank U. Reminder the seals are for the two ends of the manifold that go into the engine block, 2005 Lincoln Aviator 4.6L V8.
Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 AT 6:03 AM
STEVE W.
They probably are sold only with the complete gasket set, (yep VICTOR REINZ 953678, only $$ 335.00 !) Also sold with a new pipe, which you don't need.

BUT you have the old ones so just visit a decent parts store with the tube and those and they should have some that will work. They are nothing real special, just common O-rings.

The "correct" terms in the book are engine coolant bypass hose OR coolant crossover
# 2C5Z8548DB.

Says "remove old O-Rings and install new ones lubed with fresh coolant".
+1
Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 AT 9:51 AM
ROBERT RUBY
Thanks Steve, that's exactly what I did, everything back together and doing great. O rings $1.79 per. Now to the seat, Thanks again Steve.
Saturday, February 25th, 2017 AT 5:42 PM
KEN
Yep Steve W. Is one of our best!

Please use 2CarPros anytime, we are here to help and tell a friend.

Best, Ken
Monday, February 27th, 2017 AT 6:37 PM