Computer data error

MADDAWG1963
  • 2002 FORD WINDSTAR
First I have a 2002 Ford Windstar SE van, with a 3.8 liter motor. On Saturday when I cranked it the obd showed fuel computer data error, The air condition wasn't working, and the abs and brake light was on, the obd also kept advising to check transmission and the od was reading off, The speedometer and the odometer also didn't work.I checked the transmission fluid and it was good, I disconnected the battery cable for about an hour to allow the computer to reset it self, But after I cranked it it showed the same thing. Also when driving the van the overdrive is still working
Tuesday, June 10th, 2008 AT 3:16 PM

TALK2BOB
Dear Maddawg

I also have the exact same problems with my 2002 Windstar. I called a Ford dealer, and they want $105 per module to diagnose (3 locations $315). They quoted a new pcm at $600 + $200 for labor. I don't have $1200 to blow on this van. However, if you can find a low cost certified mechanic, I found a place to buy pcms for $80 - $200. I have to have Ford diagnose the pcm for sure - I'll pay the $105 for the pcm only.

Does anyone have a solution?
+1
Saturday, July 5th, 2008 AT 2:59 PM
JIM-380
I have the same problem with mine. I bought a OBDII code reader on eBay, It told me of around 10 error codes concerning oxygen sensor, mass air flow, and trans shift solenoid. With this reader I can only delete the error codes not reset them. I am sure there cant be as much wrong as the error codes say
there is.
If I only knew how to reset the computer in the van.
+1
Monday, July 14th, 2008 AT 10:19 PM
46DAVIS
I had that problem with another ford, but similar pcm. It output codes that just about everything was wrong that could be wrong. No way every sensor in the whole car could be out. Buried deeply in all those codes was 'computer'. Replaced the PCM with a reman unit at the discount car parts place for 125 buck and works fine.
+2
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008 AT 2:22 PM
ZAHOORQURESHI
  • 2003 FORD WINDSTAR
PCM is not giving any information. It seems it is not connected car is missing and shakes.
Tuesday, June 19th, 2018 AT 10:57 AM (Merged)
WRENCHTECH
Have you checked all your fuses with a test light?
ZAHOORQURESHI
Thank you very much for helping me. No I do not know where are the fuses are in the engine. Please help me to find.
WRENCHTECH
There are two fuse boxes. One in the engine compartment, next to the battery and one under the dash on the driver's side. Use a test light to check both sides of the fuse for power with the key on.
+1