Passenger side window does not work

KUMAR-O
  • 2001 FORD WINDSTAR
Electrical problem 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80,000 miles

Passenger side window does not work. All the other windows work. What should I check? Where can I get an electrical diagram?
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 AT 12:19 PM

I would start by checking for power to the P/W motor. If there is no power, move to the switch to see if power is there.
+1
Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 AT 1:36 PM
01WINDSTARANDI
I have a similar problem on the driver's side window, 2001 Windstar limited, 230,000 miles. Passenger window & 1 of the aft windows still work. I have replaced the motor, it worked for a couple of weeks then stopped. Then I replaced the master switch pack on the drivers side, it still doesn't work. It sounds like a relay is engaging when the switch is pressed, but no window movement. Is there a wiring diagram available? I'm going to check the harness for shorted and/or broken wires.
Saturday, January 6th, 2018 AT 7:30 AM
KEN

Yes here is the power window wiring diagram and a guide to help you do some testing in case you need it.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Let us know what happens and please upload pictures or videos of the problem.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Monday, January 8th, 2018 AT 1:56 PM
RLEEMAN
  • 2001 FORD WINDSTAR
2001 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 132, 00 miles

power window will not operate. I hear a clicking sound under dash when switch is operated. This began last summer. Window would operate when outside temperature approached 70 degrees. Nothing all fall and winter. Recently on the warmest day this year it began operating, only to stop as it has cooled off. Forecast is for 70+ weather next week. I have my fingers crossed. I'm not making this up.
Monday, January 8th, 2018 AT 1:57 PM (Merged)
It sounds like either a bad relay or the motor itself is bad. Have you checked to see if the motor is getting power? Have you tried switching out the relay with a known good one?
01WINDSTARANDI
I have a similar issue. 2001 model. I have replaced the motor & switch pack on this window. It worked for a couple of weeks after the motor replacement, then stopped. No help with switch replacement.
Can you tell me the which relay and the location of it?
Is there a diagram available?

Thanks!