2000 Ford Windstar A/C Blows Cold In Back, Not In Front

DAMEJUNE2
  • 2000 FORD WINDSTAR
The A/C blows out ice cold through the back vents but warm/room temp air blows out front vents. I know the system runs off the same a/c system so what gives? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Monday, May 17th, 2010 AT 3:19 PM

There is a blend door that opens and closes to allow either AC or heat into the vehicle. Have it checked. It may be sticking.
+1
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010 AT 11:36 AM
DAMEJUNE2
Thank you for the quick response! I read some where about a blend door. I haven't the budget to take the van in for service; where is the door located and is it possible for me to "rig" it open/closed? This would be a temp fix until I can have a pro look at it obviously but I live in Florida and it's hotter than heck. I need a/c. Where is the blend door located? Thank you!
+1
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010 AT 11:52 AM
Hi:
It is tough to get to. It is part of the HVAC venting system and is locate near the heater core under the dash. I wish I had a picture to send, but I can't copy and paste from our online manual.

Let me know if I can answer other questions.

Tuesday, May 18th, 2010 AT 1:09 PM
DAMEJUNE2
As soon as you said "under the dash" I knew I was screwed. Lol! Let me ask you this; which control on the panel controls the door? For example, when I engage the a/c or heat. Is this what opens/closes the blend door? I am wondering if I play with the controls to the heater and a/c if by some miracle the door will get un-stuck.
+3
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010 AT 2:35 PM
VICTOR VACCARO
I have the same problem, however turning the rear vents on eventually gets the blend door to open for the front. I understand there may be some vacuum hoses involved as well?
+1
Thursday, July 28th, 2016 AT 8:15 AM