AUTO DOOR LOCKS

Ford Taurus

19taurus99

May, 31, 2007 AT 4:33 PM

99 Taurus SE 171K 3.0L
The lady I bought this car from said the car would lock her out if she left it running and closed the door. That seems normal to me. She said it was malfunctioning and had it disabled. Is there a fuse that can be reomved to disable the remote door locks? I found a little black box under the dash that appears to have a fuse removed but I don't know if that is it or not. Is Ford the only place to get a new transmitter?

joee0

May, 31, 2007 AT 9:21 PM

Does the box say ford on it? Factory keyless entry will not lock you out with the engine running. They are probably after market. The keyless entry module on fords are normally under the rear deck. Ford transmitters are avaliable at some ford authorized radio service centers look on line for them in your area.

19taurus99

June, 1, 2007 AT 11:25 AM

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll have to see if I can find it there.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Dynamat Door Installation