ACCELERATOR STICKS

2005 Ford Taurus

outfield98

May, 26, 2007 AT 10:40 AM

2005 ford Taurus, 60k miles, 6.0 engine. When I am driving, I will press on the accelerator, sometimes the idle sticks, I have to tap on it a couple of times for it to go back down, I tried to clean out the throttle intake but it seems like it didn't work, could this be a sensor issue or cable problem and how hard would it be to fix myself?

Rudpro

May, 26, 2007 AT 7:15 PM

On the side of the throttle intake there should be a lever with a spring in it and a cable attached to it. Try operating it by hand, this will open the throttle plate. When you let go of it, it should snap back firmly. If not, the spring might be loose or damaged. Try it and post back.

outfield98

May, 28, 2007 AT 6:09 PM

The spring worked fine, I used cleaner to clean out throttle intake and throttle itself, there was a lot of buildup and it was causing idle to stick. My accelerator problem is fixed, thanks for your help!

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Open Hood Video