CAR STALLS WHEN DRIVING THEN GOES BACK TO

2000 Ford Taurus

Ro.Peezy

March, 29, 2009 AT 12:07 PM

2000 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

I just replaced my engine in my 2000 ford taurus, it sat for about a month during repair and me finding a shop. After I got the new engine the car drives fine but sometimes stalls or seem like it is running out of gas, but it runs out off gas faster then normal, I fill my tank up and it runs out on half a tank, what could be causing this, is it old gas or something or is my tank half full with old gas, please help me asap?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

April, 9, 2009 AT 1:12 PM

Are you sure there is still a 1/2 tank of fuel in the tank?

Ro.Peezy

April, 29, 2009 AT 8:25 AM

Yes I am sure, I changed my fuel filter and it stopped happening since the last time I posted, now it does the same thing as before. Do u think I need a new fuel pump?

Jacobandnickolas

April, 29, 2009 AT 10:43 AM

It could be. I would recommend checking pressure. Here is a how to video.

http://www.2carpros.com/dia/test_fuel_pressure.htm

Let me know what you find.

Ro.Peezy

April, 30, 2009 AT 7:17 AM

Well I took it to midas yesterday and they said I had a couple of codes when they put it on the diagnostic machine, they said first of all one of my o2 sensors is completely broke it isnt giving a reading and I will have to replace it before they can go any further. That may be the problem hopefully or it could be catalytic converter or something else like pump, but first they have to start off with o2 converter. They are charging me 130 installed. I am suppose to get it done tommorrow

Jacobandnickolas

April, 30, 2009 AT 2:18 PM

An O2 sensor can cause this type of problem. The price they quoted isn't too bad. The part is around 80 dollars.

Let me know what happens so I gan help guide you.