WATER IN MY CYLINDERS

1999 Ford Taurus

mark72450

August, 22, 2010 AT 11:09 PM

1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 154000 miles

I have been having a over heating problum and replaced the water pump, thermostat and flush out the cooling system. Last week the car over heated once more and stalled and will not start. I tryed a compresson test and found that all 3 cyl on the right bank are full of water if I take out the spark plugs and crank the motor it will blow out about a 1/2 cup of water out of each hole and wate 5 min and it will do it again. Could it be a head gasket?

saturntech9

August, 23, 2010 AT 12:39 AM

It could be a bad head gasket cracked head or cracked block. You would have to take the head off and see if the gasket let go have the head checked if all that check's out then you have possibly a cracked blocked. Without taking it apart though you won't know what's going on.

shane77

June, 17, 2012 AT 12:10 AM

Mark72450, what did you find out? Was it the head gasket our a cracked head. I'm having the same issue with my car.

Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer