FUEL PUMP RELAY

1997 Ford Taurus

bodurham

Can anyone help me find the fuel pump relay in a 1997 Ford Taurus. According to the Chilton's electrical diagrahm of the car there is one on it, but they fail to mention anything reguarding it's location. Is the fuel pump relay perhaps inside of the control module?

I have checked the inertia switch, verified gas is not going to the engine by removing the line before the gas filter, replaced the pump to my dismay, and made sure the fuse not broke. I have also checked the fuse box underneath the steering wheel, underneath the hold, and also checked underneath the driver's seat with no luck.

Starting to really dislike Ford at this point ; / : x

bodurham

Anybody know somebody who might know?

dj-taino

January, 13, 2006 AT 7:55 AM

Check under drivers seat. Ford has put relays for fuel pumps under the Drivers seat. Good luck.

TAURUS-TURMOIL

November, 2, 2008 AT 7:16 PM

THE FUEL PUMP RELAY IS INCORPORATED IN THE RELAY MODULE LOCATED NEXT TO THE BATTERY. I WOULD RECOMMEND SPENDING THE EXTRA MONEY AND PURCHASING IT FROM THE DEALER INSTEAD OF THE LOCAL AUTO PARTS STORE AS I LEARNED THE HARD WAY

November, 21, 2010 AT 6:13 PM

It is in the constant relay module. You can check voltage and ground circuits at the relay.

Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang