SERVICE ENGINE SOON

Ford Ranger

don morris

May, 18, 2007 AT 3:28 PM

Check engine light is on code p0401 remove code with scan tool but light will return on again what shall I do next please help

Bruce Hunt

November, 19, 2006 AT 11:06 PM

The ABS light could be a bulb loose and several other problems.

The noise you are talking about is a CV axle, most likely on the left side. If you look under the car you will most likely see that one of the two or three boots or more are cracked or ripped open. Replace the CV axle and everything will be fine.

carundell

Hey Goof,
Wow. You got 1 code and they got 10? Does your hand held give your the option to clear codes? If so. Clear out the codes. Drive it for a few days 25-50 miles and the rescan it. If the p0401 code reoccurs, or the light comes on sooner, get back to me and I'll run ya thru the diagnostic for it. Its a pretty simple one!

Chris

goofyone

January, 23, 2007 AT 1:33 AM

I have a 1998 Saturn SW1 mileage 153,000, 1.9 L. I went to have it smogged and it didn't pass. I noticed that the Service Engine Soon light has come on and off. I did a diagnostic on it with a hand held scanner and it gave me the code P0401 (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected) so I took it to the repair shop where my smog was done and explained my situation and what code I got and they had my vehicle all day long just to tell me that they didn't have any idea what was wrong with the vehicle because they put a diagnostic reader on it and it gave them about 10-12 different codes and told me to take it to the dealership so they could fix it. Now, what could be the problem and why would the vehicle give so many codes? Please help! : Shock:

don morris

May, 18, 2007 AT 3:28 PM

e40water12

May, 23, 2007 AT 2:17 AM

Sounds to me you got a problem with youre EGR valve or solnoid, I would first check the wiring harness on it, As well, Heres a pic for youre info

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/75270_EGR_valve_unit_1.jpg