HOLE IN MY GAS TANK.

Ford Ranger

Jeremy0182

May, 12, 2007 AT 2:37 AM

2002 Ford Ranger extra cab 2 door. 73,000 miles manual transmision, 2 wheel drive 3.0 efi

I was mounting an amp in my back seat and like and I didnt check what I was drilling into. I poked a few holes in the top of my gas tank. How can I repair these if at all. I was thinking Epoxy and a plastic patch. Will this work or should I just get a new tank?

blackop555

May, 12, 2007 AT 7:25 AM

There is hope I have had several holes in several tanks. I use a type of sealer called seal all or fix all cant remember its in a red and yellow tube made to patch holes in gas tanks and other things.

Works likea charm

Jeremy0182

May, 12, 2007 AT 10:43 AM

Well I called ford cause I think it is the only place to get the tank and after tax it is just over 600 dollars. I think I will try an fix it first. If anyone else has any advice like where to get a new tank for less it would be appreciated. Thanks again for all the help already. I will let you know what happens

Jeremy0182

May, 12, 2007 AT 1:46 PM

I tried that seals all stuff and it worked like a charm. I also tried plastic epoxy and a plastic tank repair on the underside of the tank and they all stuck really well and would seal a hole just fine I would think. I used the plastic gas tank hole sealer from kragen auto for like 10 bucks or so because it was made to come in contact with gas and so far so good seems to hold up really well and stick great.I will keep u posted as to how it holds up over time. I really thank you all for the advice again if this works it saved me a bunch of money and a lot of time replacing the entire tank. I have my doubts but have my fingers crossed. Please hold up! : D 8)

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado