HEATER

Ford Ranger

MrEscape2001

March, 11, 2007 AT 7:14 PM

I have a ford ranger truck 1998 with a four cy engine, the heater control will move to all dials but it will only work the defrost on all dials. I have about 127, 00 mileage on the truck. Why? : Lol:

fordtech1

March, 11, 2007 AT 7:55 PM

Check for a vacuum leak in the engine compartment.

TaurusWheel

March, 12, 2007 AT 2:25 PM

Fordtech is right, defaulting to defrost mode is classic vacuum issue with Fords, there's a vacuum leak somewhere, also once I ran across where the linkage fell off the blend door, resulting in same. Vacuum leak could be at the function control valves, they are combo I believe of electric and vacuum. I had an older Taurus where if you were climbing a long hill at highway speed, it would lose the vacuum supply to the function control and it would revert to the defrost mode, heat a or a c, I even tried putting an extra-large vacuum storage tank in the line still no good, the low engine vacuum climbing the hill would take it all away

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue