BUCKING AND HESITATING AND SHUDDERING

Ford Ranger

WillGriffin2@yahoo.com

June, 26, 2007 AT 4:12 PM

1998 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0L V6 137,000 miles.
had engine code on for o2 sensor let it stay for a while but had it fixed. Bucking became real bad after that. It started only under heavy acceleration but it has become where it bucks and hesitates everytime you give it gas. I replaced o2 sensors, fuel filter, plugs, and cleaned the Mass air flow sensor with carb cleaner, but not the wires. I ran a bottle of Lucas fuel stabilizer and injector cleaner through and the truck ran like a dream without a single stumble, so I dont think it is the wires. As soon as that tank of gas went through however the bucking came back and a lot harder, it not shudders and runs at inconnsistent RPMS at idle, and the exhaust pipe all the way along the truck bounces pretty bad but there is not clamps missing or mounts fallen off for exhaust line. No engine light on and nothing is showing up when I take it to Autozone Please somebody help me, im about to push truck off bridge.

98rangerxlt

June, 26, 2007 AT 9:38 PM

Does this happen after you fill up?

WillGriffin2@yahoo.com

June, 28, 2007 AT 7:32 AM

It happens all the time and doesnt matter if tank is full or near empty.

98rangerxlt

June, 28, 2007 AT 7:37 PM

It may be your fuel pump going out or the sock on the end may be plugged

WillGriffin2@yahoo.com

June, 29, 2007 AT 8:42 PM

If so why would the injector fluid help out the running condition of the truck. If it indeed is the fuel pump how do you check it and what does it cost to replace. Thanks for all your help and keep it coming pleaseeee.

98rangerxlt

June, 30, 2007 AT 12:36 AM

Next time your tank is almost empty drop the tank and unscrew where the fuel pump goes and pull it out check the sock on the end of the fuel pump then take it to a trusty mech and have them check the fuel pump

WillGriffin2@yahoo.com

June, 30, 2007 AT 11:48 AM

Ok I can probably do that, however do you need any special tools to do that and how exactly do you drop the tank. I appreciate the help thanks.

98rangerxlt

June, 30, 2007 AT 4:30 PM

You will need a special tool and to drop the tank there should be a strap that runs underneath just loosen that strap and the tank will come down.

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20