Check the multifunction switch.
A self powered test light or ohmmeter to terminal 44 and 3.(see diagram)
Remove switch if it is bad:
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition switch lock cylinder and turn to the RUN position.
3. Push the ignition switch lock cylinder release tab with a punch while pulling out the ignition switch lock cylinder.
4. If equipped, remove the tilt wheel handle.
5. Remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
6. Remove the 2 screws, disconnect the electrical connectors and remove the multi-function switch.
7. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
If the switch is good check the ground( lose or disconnected ground)
check for disconnected or lose connector from the central junction box to the left rear light and ground.
(there many connectors before the ground, see diagram)
(sending all diagrams to your email)
Thursday, February 25th, 2010 AT 9:32 AM