2000 Ford Ranger Blinker and Brake

• 1 POST
  • 2000 FORD RANGER

2000 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 12400 miles

The left rear blinker and brake light will not work. I have checked the bulbs, fuses, and they are fine. I also checked to make sure I was still getting fire to the plugin's and that's ok. All the other lights and blinkers are working. I have noticed that some times my blinker will not come on unless my wheels are turned to a certain degree. I do not know what else to check and I was wondering if it could be a master switch on the steering column or something.

Wednesday, February 24th, 2010 AT 11:36 AM

Check the multifunction switch.
A self powered test light or ohmmeter to terminal 44 and 3.(see diagram)

Remove switch if it is bad:
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.

2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition switch lock cylinder and turn to the RUN position.

3. Push the ignition switch lock cylinder release tab with a punch while pulling out the ignition switch lock cylinder.

4. If equipped, remove the tilt wheel handle.

5. Remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds.

6. Remove the 2 screws, disconnect the electrical connectors and remove the multi-function switch.

7. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

If the switch is good check the ground( lose or disconnected ground)
check for disconnected or lose connector from the central junction box to the left rear light and ground.
(there many connectors before the ground, see diagram)

(sending all diagrams to your email)

Thursday, February 25th, 2010 AT 9:32 AM