• LRWeber@hotmail.com
  • 1999 Ford Ranger

Electrical problem:
1999 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 109K? Miles

I've replaced the brake lights, the old ones appeared to be good but replaced them anyway. I've also looked at the fuses and they appeared to be good but didn't ohm them out to be certain. I do have backup lights, rear turn signals, and tail lights but neither left or right break light works. I forgot to mention, the 3rd brake light above the cab back window also does not work.

So, the only thing I can think of next is the brake light switch above the brake pedal. I hear it click but don't know if it is working. Other than replacing it, is there a way to test this and is there something else I should examine? Thanks!

Thursday, October 23rd, 2008 AT 7:24 PM

Use a test light
locate the brake light switch on top brake paddle and check for battery power
you should have it at one side of the switch step on the brake and know you should have power on both sides if not and only one side have power then the switch is bad and need to be replaced

Friday, October 24th, 2008 AT 10:47 PM