1993 Ford Ranger Ignition Control

PISTOLNOON
  • 1993 FORD RANGER
I have visited this web site for info onto getting my 93-94 ford ranger running, it had stopped suddenly down the highway and I had it towed home where it has been sitting. The fuel pump primes, engine turns over, relay switches checked Ok, timing belt removed and new one put on, Old one torn, and timing marks line up, one of the two coil paks replaced, condensor swapped out with one known to work well. Recently gone to vehicle wreckers to get new DIS module or ignition control module(got 2 units in event one did not work), put new spark plugs in, went to start truck and it turns over, but still will not fire?The only apparent problem seems like the crankshaft postion sensor? Is their anyway to test it?Or other solutions to problem? Their is no spark at all.
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 2:11 AM

RACEFAN966
I need to know if you have a digital multi meter? I would like to check a couple of things and it will take a meter to do the tests. Get back to me and we will go from there.
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 10:31 AM
PISTOLNOON
Yes I have a good DMM, that can test diode inductance, resistance coninuity well, so that is not a problem and a bunch of smaller ones with limited features.

Thankyou
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 3:09 PM
RACEFAN966
If you would check the crankshaft position sensor and make sure it is plugged in and that it isn't damaged. If that is good then I need you to check for voltage at the coils at the red wire with the light green stripe. With key on engine off you should have battery voltage there. Let me know what you find and we will take it from there.
Friday, September 11th, 2009 AT 10:05 AM