1990 Ford Ranger fuel gauge

BANDIT1991
  • 1990 FORD RANGER
My fuel hand shows 1/4th a tank when the truck is shut off, and it goes to empty when the truck is cranked. What is causing this?
Saturday, April 19th, 2008 AT 6:04 PM

RANGERDANGER17
I have 1991 ranger and mine does the same thing
i have asked about it and they say u have to replace the float in the gas tank and when u do that, most of the time the fuel pump will go bad. A fuel pump is almost 200 dollars so im just going to leave it alone.
What u can do is carry a stick around and use that to check the gas that what I do
Saturday, April 26th, 2008 AT 7:39 PM
RANGERDANGER17
What u can do is carry a stick around and use that to check the gas that what I do[/quote:5aba36f599]

today I was messing with my radio and it didnt work so I checked a couple fuses and found a blown one when I replaced it my gas gauge radio cab light (outside) and dome light started working
i d k if that will work for u but its worth tring
the fuse panel is under neath the steering wheel
-1
Friday, May 2nd, 2008 AT 9:42 PM