FUEL INJECTER FAIL TO FIRE

1988 Ford Ranger

PDL JMPR

March, 10, 2010 AT 8:23 AM

1988 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I'm having trouble getting the fuel injecters to spray fuel into the cylinders. It will run for a short time if I spray starting fluid into the intake system but it will not run on it's own. I have changed the fuel, cleaned the fuel tanks, added fuel injecter cleaner to the new fuel and used test noids to see if the injecters were getting power to fire. There is no indication that ther is power getting to them. What do I need to look for or troubleshoot next.

Dave H

March, 15, 2010 AT 4:27 AM

FUEL INJECTORS
On MPFI and SEFI engines, each cylinder has a solenoid-operated injector which sprays fuel toward back of each intake valve. Each injector is energized through ignition circuit and grounded through ECA to complete circuit. Injectors deliver 1/2 the amount of fuel required for an operating cycle each time they open (twice per cycle).
On all fuel injected models, the ECA controls length of time each injector is open. The " open" time of injector governs amount of fuel delivered.

Do you hear the fuel pump working?

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250