CAR SHUTS DOWN WHILE DRIVE

1993 Ford Probe

ksingle

September, 16, 2010 AT 1:59 PM

1993 Ford Probe 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

In the past week, while I am driving the car it will just shut down. This usually happens after I am drive it for a little while. I let it rest for 15mins or so and then it starts back up. I am not sure if it is electrical or fule related. Can you please help.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

September, 16, 2010 AT 4:40 PM

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing.