TUARUS EXHAUST

1995 Ford

VTCarol50

July, 11, 2006 AT 10:33 AM

How expensive is it to repair the exhaust system yourself and what parts are needed for the repair?

TaurusWheel

July, 11, 2006 AT 5:08 PM

Exhaust systems can be a pain because of rusted parts which most of the time are torched off by the muffler shops. Unless you've got a lift, it's one of those jobs best left to the muffler shop, it's one thing I would never do, plus the muffler is warranted for life so at least you've never got to pay for the muffler again, they'll get you with the other parts, what's a system from the converter back cost, maybe 150 installed? Am I in the ballpark? Around here Cole Muffler is the price leader

snikrepn

February, 15, 2013 AT 5:11 AM

Never talk of repairs when there are new products in the market. I would advise you to always consider replacement with new ones. Repairs may seem easy to go with, but the fact is that they are expensive. What you will spend on cumulative repairs is more than what you will spend on buying new exhaust systems to take you for a long long time thereafter.

Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus