2001 Other Ford Models vibrating when driving

DRHYNE
  • 2001 FORD
I bought a 2001 Ford E-150 Cargo van. It has the large V8, auto.

It had a vibration -- tire bounce when I bought it -- put all new ball joints on it, new tires, and still vibrated when trying to maintain a speed or slow gas pedal. Replaced both u joints and still have the problem. When I get off the gas pedal there is little to no vibrations or bouncing of the tires. When I attempt to maintain present speed is where the vibrating is the worst. If I gun it the vibration goes away till I return to easing on the pedal for maintaing speed. Any ideas? Could the drive shaft be out of balance?
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 3:24 AM

MERLIN2021
Check the tranny mount at the tailshaft.
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 7:40 AM
DRHYNE
The mount is solid and bolts are tight. Any ohter thoughts on what it could be?
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 2:09 PM
JOSEARTUROOROZCO
Check the drive axle, I had a similar problem and last 7 months to find the real cause of a vibration, I made pretty much the same you did, the cause was water into the drive shaft tube, that causes a inner carboard filling into the aluminum shaft collapse, and then causes a lot of vibration. A drill was detected at the end of the shaft, what it is for? No idea.
I change the drive shaft for an steel one and problem gone.
Sorry for my English, I live in Mexico and hope you find this information usefull-
Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 5:53 PM