87 MUSTANG FUEL PUMP

• Bhurt
  • 1987 FORD MUSTANG

My mustang turns over, but it won't start. I just iinstalled a new fuel pump and relay valve but neither of them fixed the problem. When I sprayed gas into the carburetor it started and ran as long as I kept spraying, but as soon as I stopped it died. It worked fine last summer, but after letting it sit all winter it hasn't started yet this summer.

I just got some new info: apparently there is no power going back to the fuel pump. So, how do I fix that?

thanks

Wednesday, May 17th, 2006 AT 7:19 PM

• 320hpPony?

I had the same problem with mine man. Try a few things.1----Inertia switch in very back interior of car on driver side of back wall, maybe under trim panel(mine doesnt have trim yet).
2----Fuel pump relay under drivers seat(mine had a wire that had pulled out of the harness)
3----wiring plug on top of fuel tank that runs fuel pump(mine was dry rotted and would make intermediate conact) You need any help email me at<erikhall@rock. Com> Good luck man!

Wednesday, May 17th, 2006 AT 9:46 PM