2000 Ford Mustang will not start

JOHNNYREDNECK
  • 2000 FORD MUSTANG
Hooked up autoxray OBD11 no codes. Pulled a plug coil wire off verified pulsing volts at 5 to 7, thought maybe gas gauge was off, added 3 gallons fesh fuel. Same-same turns over all day, no lite -off. If the pump goes out woudnt I get a code showing no fuel delivery. Did not notice any noise from tank, but then again never have before either. Also did quick reset on car alarm / car computer reset no luck. PLEASE HELP. Im an airplane mechanic and most of those systems are easier than a cars
Sunday, November 30th, 2008 AT 9:35 AM

Can you check fuel pressure? If you think it is a fuel issue, check the bump switch. The owners manual says it is in the trunk on the left side, behind the trunk lining.

If that is a two wire connector, back probe the circuits with the engine cranking, both wires should be hot. Let us know what you find.

Were you using a scanner or code reader?
Sunday, November 30th, 2008 AT 4:07 PM
JOHNNYREDNECK
The car has sat for the last 2 months. Ran perfect. Wouldnt this switch need setting off. Also auto xray handheld used with no codes produced with a complete scan. Will ck pwr at switch.12 volts at switch. This has to be the quietest electric pump ive ever NOT heard. Will check that pump harness in AM. Should be 12 volts at the connection if so I know the pump has taken a dump. THANX for the help.I will post what fix was.
Sunday, November 30th, 2008 AT 6:14 PM
You could try reseting the bump switch. Also, I thought that might be the easiest place to start checking for voltage at the rear. Have a helper crank the engine.

If this vehicle has electronic returnless fuel system, there should be a fuel pressure PID on the scanner.
Monday, December 1st, 2008 AT 8:48 AM
JOHNNYREDNECK
Got 12 volts at switch. Doesnt look like its tripped. Next is the harness for the fuel pump. Thers a q/d aft of the tank, I will check for voltage there. Any info on pump changes if thats the culprit. Internal or external
Monday, December 1st, 2008 AT 10:08 AM
I wouldn't replace anything, without checking fuel pressure. I asked about that in the first post. My hearing is no good, I can't listen for the pump. I have to check fuel pressure and amp draw for the pump.

I just wanted to add, the voltage and ground for the fuel pump motor comes through the pump driver module. You have to have both voltage and ground or the pump motor won't run. I believe the ground is a duty cycle, switched on and off. If there is something wrong with the system, a code should have set. Whether it will or not is a different story.
Monday, December 1st, 2008 AT 10:54 AM
JOHNNYREDNECK
Have 12 volts at pump disconnect just aft of tank, also fwd rh fuel rail has pressure valve like a valve core of a tire. No pressure at all. Scanned until blue in the face. Nocodes and scan successful message. No stored codes nothing
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 9:07 AM
JOHNNYREDNECK
Is there a relay for the pump or the sending unit. Im buying a book today for sure. Called just to see a shop charge on pump changeout-$700 that aint happening
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 9:23 AM