THIS MUSTANG HAS 126000 MILES

1990 Ford Mustang

lewisrw

January, 16, 2007 AT 9:06 AM

This Mustang has 126,000 miles. The turn signals have stopped working. Checked bulbs physically, then turned on hazard flasher on dash, tried parking lights, and head lights. Everything works. Replaced flasher and still no signal function. Got second flasher just in case I got a bad one but no go. Finally, I have replaced the turn signal switch and still do not get turn signals.

Any ideas as to what a should check next?

Indyuke

Have you checked the fuse panel?

lewisrw

January, 17, 2007 AT 6:54 AM

Yes, I did check fuses and they are o.K. Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my post.

lewisrw

January, 29, 2007 AT 7:18 AM

Everyone, I have discovered the problem. After reviewing my Haynes Manual wiring diagram and checking wiring circuits, turn signal switch, hazard switch, it turns out the the manual location for the turn signal flasher was incorrect.

The turn signal flasher was supposed to be on the fuse panel. Seems logical, but it turns out that this was the hazzard flasher. The turn signal flasher was behind the radio, which the manual said was the hazzard flasher and supposed to be above the glove box.

My visiting sister in-law has a 1988 Mustang. Her turn signal flasher is located behind the fuse panel, by itself on an idependent wire connector. Seems the factory workers put it wherever they please!

Hope this helps someone else.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro