SUSPENSION PROBLEM2000 FORD FOCUS 4 CYL FRONT ...

2000 Ford Focus

Cassee28

July, 21, 2010 AT 8:42 PM

Suspension problem
2000 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 136000 miles

My car is making a loud noise on either the left or right side in the front of the car and I had it checked out numerous amount of times. And nobody can find out what's wrong with it. And then today I had to change the left tire, because it was splitting and I believe its the struts going out on it. We just had the front axle fixed last February. I believe its the struts, because when I went over a speed bump or two with my husband and his friend the bottom of the car hit the top of the speed bump. So do you think that is it or do you think it is something else. Please get back to me.

renaudTN

July, 23, 2010 AT 10:30 AM

The backyard mechanic way to check your strut is to rock the bumper up and down and let go; Worn shock absorbers and struts that allow more than one or two gyrations after rocking the bumper up and down and letting go have reached the end of the road and should be replaced. Bad struts affect driving, braking, and safety in general. It also accelerate wear on tires, ball joints, tie rods, and control arms bushing. Go to your favorite shop and ask them to inspect your shock absorbers/struts, as well as the bearing plates for you.

Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Step by Step Timing Chain Replacement Guide
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD