F350 REPLACING CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER

2000 Ford F-350

Clintfb

August, 20, 2010 AT 1:36 PM

2000 Ford F350 V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 115000 miles

My transmission is hard to get into reverse or 1st after driving awhile. It appears to be the slave cylinder as the fluid level is ok. It is a one owner with excellent care.
Do you have any tips to make the change out easier?

Wrenchtech

August, 20, 2010 AT 1:50 PM

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. The only thing that goes wrong with a slave cylinder is they can leaks. If you have an issue with insufficient throw, that would usually be a master cylinder problem but I would recommend changing both at the same time anyway.
It could also be a mechanical issue with the pressure plate.

Clintfb

August, 20, 2010 AT 2:05 PM

Wrenchtech, thanks. But can a novice change the master cylinder and slave cylinder on the f350

Wrenchtech

August, 20, 2010 AT 2:23 PM

This isn't rocket science but it does take some mechanical ability. Bleeding the system after can be quite difficult sometimes.

Clintfb

August, 20, 2010 AT 3:39 PM

WrenchTech: But the clutch master and clutch slave are self bleeding, right? If so, will I get into the actual bleeding as though it were a brake job?
Sorry for all the questions but I do appreciate your help.

Clintfb

August, 20, 2010 AT 3:43 PM

WrenchTech: Being a hydraulic system, there is not a clutch adjustment rod, or is there?

Wrenchtech

August, 20, 2010 AT 4:11 PM

No, they are not self bleeding and they are much harder to bleed than a brake system because the bleeder is at the bottom and the air tries to rise to the top.

No, there is no adjustment, they are self adjusting.

clarkperez2334

August, 31, 2010 AT 10:09 PM

How to diagnose a problems related to the clutch slave cyclinder operation? Does anyone here has a step by step guide on how to replace it and bleed the air out of the system? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks

TECH1FORD

September, 22, 2010 AT 4:49 PM

You can stand there for hours trying to bleed it out, it has to be pulled from the truck and hung upside down to it. Or go to Ford and order part 2c3z-7c522-e it is complete already bleed and works the first time and that part number is for that truck

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions