RATTLING NOISE

1997 Ford F-150

cvvasquez

September, 6, 2006 AT 3:41 PM

Hello I have a problem with my 1997 ford f150, when i'm am accelarating the gas pedal it makes kind of a rattling noise and its only when I press down on the gas pedal. I have taken it to many mech. Shops and none have been able to figure it out. They have done the following: fuel injection cleaning, replaced spark plugs, replaced gas filter, even fill up with super unlead gas. But no fix yet

NOS

September, 6, 2006 AT 6:57 PM

When you mean rattle do you mean sparkknock or maybe bearing rattle? Narrow it down a little for me plz could be you catletic converter coming apart inside.(NOS) need more plz info if it is spark knock you have a timing problem.

cvvasquez

September, 13, 2006 AT 3:10 PM

NOS Its more like a sparkknock

NOS

September, 13, 2006 AT 5:51 PM

Not sure what motor you have but i'll take a shot in the dark here and say it is a 4.6 or a 5.4 does the engine seem to idle a little fast and maybe stumble a little? If so lets try something here look for the line on the passanger side of engine towards the back find the PCV hose coming out of the valve cover follow that line up and behind the back side of the intake and see if that hose that is attached there is soft or has a hole in it if so replace it. Let me know what you find. A hole in that line is a vaccum leak and can cause spark knock. Do you have a check engine light on. How many miles is on the truck. And have you ever had the timing checked.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze