F150 REPLACED SPARK PLUGS, NOW HAS ROUGH ACCELERA

1999 Ford F-150

bcw1973

April, 5, 2009 AT 7:11 PM

1999 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 98300 miles

I replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs and 4 of the coil boots. After the work was done I started the truck and everything sounded fine. I drove it for about a day with no problems. That next day when I was driving, I turned on the A/C and within 3-5 minutes I noticed the acceleration got rough (probably not related but thought I would mention it). Next with a minute the check engine light came on. I did a pressure wash of the engine about 5 days prior to replacing the spark plugs and let the engine dry for a day and it ran fine after that. What could be the problem or what areas should I check? Could something be wrong with the spark plugs install or the boots or maybe a bad coil?

Zackman

April, 5, 2009 AT 11:42 PM

As the check engine light is on, I would start by having the computer scanned for codes. Autozone will do this for free. Then post the code numbers, so we can start the diagnostic process.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20