1997 FORD F-150

• Reginah
  • 1997 Ford F-150

1997 Ford F-150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 149, 00 miles

we changed the spark plugs and wires, antifreeze went into plug #4 when we took the hose off, now the truck is running rough, drove the truck trying to burn off the antifreeze and blew spark plug wire off the spark plug, spark plug is still in, what do we do now

Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 3:35 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Remove the #4 plug wire and crank the engine allowing all coolant to be expeled. You will need to replace the plug. Try that and let me know if it takes care of the problem. There must have been a good bit of coolant in there. Unlike air, coolant doesn't compress. If there was too much, it had to go somewhere. I'm just hoping no other damage was done to the piston, connecting rod, wrist pin, bearings.

Let me know how things work out.

Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 3:46 PM
  • Wrenchtech

It depends how much fluid got in there. You could have bent a connecting rod if too much go in. Try pulling the plug out and see what it looks like.

Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 3:47 PM